How do I manage my network connectivity?
This guide will take you through the steps taken to prioritise your source of internet connectivity.
To follow this guide you will require:
- An account on brck cloud
- A BRCK that has been connected to your account
- A computer/smartphone with internet connectivity
As you know the BRCK provides connectivity to users without them having to worry about their source of internet. Just as a reminder your device can provide connectivity through:
- WiFi bridging
- Sim card
For more information on this kindly have a look at our getting started guide.
To manage your device , kindly follow these steps:
- Point your browser to the following URL: my.brck.com. You should see a window similar to the one below:
- Proceed to put in your credentials and click on login. This will proceed to take you to the online dashboard as shown below: In this case we have two devices. This will vary depending on the number of devices you have on your account.
- Proceed to click on the device you wish to manage. You will be presented with a screen similar to the one below. This summaries some of the information coming from your device. For more on the information that you can access here, kindly have a look at our cloud basics.
- Proceed to click on the cog screw which is highlighted on the image below.
This will proceed to load another screen with information on your connectivity. Of interest to us is the section below.
- This shows the thee sources that your BRCK uses to get connectivity. We can order the way we prefer to connect by dragging and dropping the items in the list highlighted in the image below. If you are near your device you should now see he outer ring of the status lights spin. This is an indication that it is processing the information received from the device.
Congratulations! You have now changed the order in which your device provides internet connectivity in 5 easy steps